my dad

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by william carlson, all you heroes on November 12, 2002 at 02:13:05:

My father was Victor W. Grimes. He was a Navigator who spent 3 years in the SWPA. After about 2 years I finally found my father's records that indicated he was in the 2nd Squadron in late 1942. I have a photo that has two men in it - one name on the back is Carlson. The photo is taken next to a plane with "Liberty Belle" on it. I have recently been in touch with Ralph (Mike)Michaelis who also was in the 2nd and then at headquarters VBC with my father. My father died at age 58 in 1975, and I still miss him. If you have any recollection of him, I would appreciate comments you might have. Whether you do or not, I want to acknowledge you for going and doing what you did over there, for answering the call not knowing what lay ahead, doing what needed to be done with so little equipment and materials and human comforts. It has taken me quite some time to recognise the gifts and sacrifices of your generation. On this Veteran's Day, Thank you seems so small, but will have to do. Whether pilot, mechanic, gunner, engineer or cook ; in my book you are all heros to me.
Sincere regards,
Leslie Grimes Moser

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: my dad

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]