Looking for squadron ID

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Robert on August 17, 2002 at 19:06:21:

Have pictures that were given to me by a freind about 22 years ago. He found them in a dumpster (he had a bad habit of this). There are about 20 pictures and none of them are labeled. The person who took them was
a side gunner I think. There are several pictures taken out of the sides of B-24s and B-26s. One of the 24s has "Slo Freight" painted on the left side along with about 20 bomb runs. Tail # 30 serial looks like 440175?. There is a nice picture of this plane dropping bombs. Also have picture of B-24D "Madam Libby" sporting 3 jap aircraft kills and numerous bomb runs. Picture of B-26 # 34 tail #295738. Pictures of B-26s numbers: 40,80,44 tail # not legible. Nice picture of B-26 "Wine Women @ Song"
There are several pictures of ordinance,fueling,towing and USO
Show (I swear it looks like Bob Hope and Rita Hayworth?). These picture apear to have been taken in Italy. There is a picture of a city and the writing on one building looks Italian. There is also a picture of what looks like an Italian Officer riding in a very large convertible staff car. Could it be the Big M? To me it looks like him.

I have the pictures in hand and a have a scanner if anyone wants to look at these. Would like to know what units these are if possible. It has kept me wondering for years!
Thanks,
Robert

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Looking for squadron ID

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]