33rd Bomb Squadron Tapes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Tim Possley on April 03, 2002 at 21:29:17:

My Uncle, Maurice Possley, was killed when the B-24 he was in went down on Sept 1,1944.He was on B 24J 42-100196(Temptation)piloted by Robert(Art)Lint.I have been doing research on the 33rd and recently contacted Mr. Lint's brother.He had 11 16mm films taken by Art in late 1943 and 1944.I had all of these put on DVD and have made a 45 minute VHS tape from it.These tape shows B25s,B24s,and other aircraft in flight,landing and taking off.There are group squadron shots,men playing football,volleyball,and baseball.There is video of the camp and candid shots of the men and natives,an awards ceremory, as well as shots of the islands and,nose art,and tail numbers.I believe that a lot of the footage was shot on OWI Island in 1944.I think any member of the 33rd would love to see this.It is a real treasure.I do not wish to profit from this.Just would like to meet expenses.Anyone wishing a copy please contact me via email(tpossley@accessus.net) or home phone(309-659-2993) cell(563-529-3019.Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: 33rd Bomb Squadron Tapes

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]