My Dad

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Tom Moore on February 27, 2002 at 17:47:21:

Does anyone recall serving with a bombadier/nav named James B. (Jim) Moore, from Buffalo NY (my Dad)? He flew missions in 25s/26s in the Pacific Theater during the early days. I wish I would have picked his brain more about his service than I did before he passed away in Dec '85. I am a retired CMSgt now, and remember coming home on leave when he finally told me his stories about New Guinea, Rabaul, and Australia - he had some fascinating photos from back then. The photos I remember the most were the ones showing skip bombing a Japanese ship and the ones showing the results of a belly landing. He injured his shoulder and was sent back to the States. He would not reveal much about what he did in theater - but I do remember him saying if it wasn't for the New Guinea natives I would not have been born.
I regret not pressing him for more information prior to his passing, but I would really like to know the truth of what he did in the early days of the war. If anyone recalls a Jim Moore please let me know.
Please let me say this - I stand in awesome gratitude for each and every one of you who served along with my Dad. Although I did not serve as an officer as my Dad wished, I did serve 25 years and achieved the rank of Chief; my only wish was for my Dad to see me achieve that, but he passed away a bit too soon. However, I did my best to pass on the tradition my Dad instilled in me - service to country.
I can provide more info on my Dad but just found this site and didn't take any time to do my homework.
Thanks to anyone who responds.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: My Dad

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]