Re: 1/Lt. Truman Henderson

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Rod Henderson on February 27, 2002 at 06:48:34:

In Reply to: 1/Lt. Truman Henderson posted by Bryan Henderson on February 01, 2002 at 08:50:25:

Dad was a bombardier-navigator in the 408th. Started out in B-25Ds and then transitioned to the B-24J when the 408th transitioned. Apparently flew from Dobodura and then Owi. After his bail-out on "Black Sunday" his health apparently deteriorated to the point that he was transferred from Owi stateside and later flew A-26s, etc as an instructor for a time before his honorable discharge.

We have his service records but they are fragmentary and disorganized -- too many hands have been in them over the years and they are becoming fragile with age (as we all are in some ways). Nevertheless, they are vitally important to me and someday will go to my sons if I have any say in the matter.

Several people have been kind enough to point me in directions for more information and I pursue those leads as time permits. Unfortunately, Dad died from a stroke while in a VA hospital at age 50. Since I was 18 at the time I never got the opportunity to ask him the adult-level questions I would like to now as a veteran myself.

Bryan's interest is encouraging to me and we together welcome any information about Dad's service and his life with the 408th.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 1/Lt. Truman Henderson

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]