In Reply to: Re: USAF AIRCREW LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT posted by Connie Christensen on April 06, 1999 at 06:45:25:
Hi Bob-Beautiful Web Site-Informative. Need your expertise on Aircrew Life Support Sections and Life Support Survival Shops. Some questions for you::
1. Do all flying units have a Aircrew Life Support Element and is the Section always under the Operations Support Group or Operations Squadron???
2. Do all Flying Wings and Airbase Wings have a Parachute/Survival/Equipment/Egress Shop or Facility????
3. Are you often linked with the Aerial Port Load Riggers or does each Airlift Squadron have a Life Support Section???
4. Are the Life Support Sections active as an Element in all Aircrew Survival/Egress Training Schools and under which division or Branch do they function?? Instructors???
5. I am doing an Order of Battle for all Rigger/Aerial Delivery Units (no matter how small) in all branches of the Armed Forces. I have posted and cataloged over 550+ units but the USAF is the hardest because of the constant change.. I have all of the Aerial Port units before the 70�s when the Riggers were under the Aerial Delivery Branch and your Life Support Personnel worked out a Base or Hanger Shop as a combined Support Unit and I lost you after 19977 when the Life Support personnel were assigned to individual Squadrons. God-there must be a BUNCH of you because I have an updated squadron list and there are a BASIC LOAD OF SQUADRONS. Any help on composition assignment to separate or wing units and their relationship to the Squadron would be appreciated or a source document???
Post a Followup