Charles Jones Jr. (my Dad)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Greg Jones on April 12, 1999 at 08:32:15:

My Dad (Charles Jones Jr.) served as a bombadier with the 2nd Bombardment Squadron from the early spring of 1945 to the end of the war. He has steadfastly said that he "did what he was called to do and that part of his life is over." However in recent years, when pushed, he has given more information and even provided some 'stories'. He still has humbly maintained that all he did was "mop up - the earlier guys were the ones who REALLY fought the war." While it would have been very easy to accept accolades for his service, his principaled nature would not allow it. Still, his 32 missions have only added to the love and respect his family and friends have for him. Well, he turns 75 on May 5th and will not see another birthday. He has terminal cancer. If anyone remembers this red-haired 2nd lieutenant from Baltimore and would like to send along best wishes we would all appreciate it. Thanks for this wonderful web site. (My Dad does not have a computer, but I have given him printouts that he has enjoyed greatly.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Charles Jones Jr. (my Dad)

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]