B-26's you left behind

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Keith Hopper on February 21, 2001 at 04:42:21:

Hello Raiders,
My name is Keith Hopper,I live in Townsville and fly Fokker F-28's for Air Niugini out of 7 mile (now called Jacksons)field in Port Moresby.With the help of Micheal Claringbould I have located the swamp that Lt Hatch put "Dixie" down in.In the coming months I intend to locate what remains of "Dixie" herself.It is my intention to film a documentry of the search/discovery,and I would be honoured to show it personally at one of your future reunions.If any of you can provide information about other B-26's that forcelanded in New Guinea,I'm prepared to have a look for those as well.I am particularly interested in;40-1417 that put down in a swamp North West of Moresby,40-1418 that forcelanded near Tufi,40-1422 that forcelanded at Kukumbuta and 40-1446 that bellyed in at Fall River.If any of you fellows can help me with these,maybe I can do something for you.I flew Don Hatch(19th) up to Charters Towers when he was out here,and I sent John Hellstrom a piece of the B-24 he wrote off at Cairns.So if you want someting from this part of the world,let me know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: B-26's you left behind

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]