Re: Looking for deceased fathers WWII medals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]

Posted by Cheryl Wilmoth Whittle on November 27, 2003 at 07:21:11:

In Reply to: Looking for deceased fathers WWII medals posted by Ralph Terzich on March 14, 2003 at 15:00:43:

Hi,
Just came across your site, and I believe I may be able to give you some guidance if you are still in need. I recently received all of my father's medals from the government. I went to my State Representative's office and they assisted me. First I found my dad's DD-214 which listed all his medals, then I asked my state representative, Randy Forbes office if they could help. Within a couple of months I had all my daddy's medals. Please write if you want further information as I have all the addresses in my files and would be more than happy to forward them if they will be helpful to you. I am very pleased and proud to know that my father was so involved in WWII. He seldom mentioned his part in the war, and we had no idea he was due any medals. Actually, he was in quite a few heavy battles in the pacific. His name was Josiah Thurston Wilmoth, and he was in the 1st Cavalry, 40 HQ Military Police Platoon. In from 1943 to 1945, and was in Australia, Philipines, Leyte, Luzon, and first in Japan. We are looking for several men related to the 1st Cav. A man named Boos which I have a photo of, and I recently won a man's photo from the 1st Cav off e-bay. I will be posting them soon. If anyone knows anything of my father, I would truly appreciate any and all information, photos, etc. Let me know the names you are seeking and I will keep an eye open. Thanks, and best of luck on finding more on your daddy. Cheryl Wilmoth Whittle

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Looking for deceased fathers WWII medals

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Red Raiders Message Board ]